To Jim, Ray, Weyman, Nathan, Bill, Jim (My son) This is Letter # 3
I wish to thank you again for answering my second letter. In this letter I would like to go into the prodigal son, child molesters, drug pushers, killers, spiritual adultery, divisions, if any obey not our word by this epistle, then believers that have no regard for the visible unity of the body of Christ can expect a similar judgment, withdraw from such, similar or like sins, pride, despisers of those that are good, lovers of pleasures, by their fruits ye shall know them, avoid them, etc.Brother Jim I do believe that the apostle Paul was a faithful Servant of our Lord Jesus Christ, and that he really believed what he wrote and said in the scriptures.
2 Cor. 4:2 He wrote: Therefore seeing WE (those that minister) have this ministry, as WE have received mercy, WE faint not; But renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every manís conscience in the sight of God.
2 Cor. 4:5-7 For WE preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves YOUR servants for Jesusí sake. For God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But WE have this treasure in earthen vessels that the Excellency of the power may be of God, not of us.
2 Cor. 4:13&14 WE having the same spirit (mans spirit) of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; WE also believe, and therefore speak; knowing that HE which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up US also by Jesus, and shall present US with you.
In 1 Thessalonians 5: 23 (I find that man has a body, soul and a spirit) And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
In Hebrews 4:12 (I find that man has a soul, spirit, joints and marrow, has thoughts and a heart) For the word of God is living and powerful, and shaper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
This verse follows Hebrews 4:12 Which is very important and very well should be to all that take on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Who wish to be loved by Him and our Father in heaven!
- "And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account." Hebrews 4:13
Where in the Bible do I find the wording Spiritual adultery? Book, chapter, and verse please? In apostle Paulís letters he does mentions two spirits. One the spirit of man and the other the Holy Spirit. The translators of the bible were not always consistent with the letter "S". Most times the spirit of man was started with a small "s". When reference to the Holy Spirit, started with a large "S". You may think this is not important but I do, let me show you what I am talking about:
In 2 Cor.6:11 through to 2 Cor. 7:1. I will write it out so you can see what I mean: The subject is the following: Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers. Now if a believer could commit Spiritual (Holy Spirit) Adultery it would be in the following verses:
What fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? (NONE)
What communion hath light with darkness? (NONE)
What concord hath Christ with Belial? (NONE)
What part hath he that believeth with an infidel? (NONE)
What agreement hath the temple of God with idols? (NONE)
So I believe I can conclude, that no way can any believer yoke together any of the above conditions and commit Spiritual (Holy Spirit) Adultery. So what is the apostle Paul talking about? I believe he is talking about man with his spirit wickedly yoking the things of God, with that which is unrighteousness, darkness, Belial, an infidel, idols.
In 1 Cor. 12:1-3 We find this: Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be ignorant: You know that you were Gentiles, carried away to those dumb idols, however you were led. "Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say the Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit."
Manís spiritual wickedness. In 2 Cor. 7:1. Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let US cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit (please notice the small "s"), perfecting holiness in the fear of God. So what are we to cleanse ourselves from? Filthiness of the flesh and filthiness of the spirit (the spirit that is in man)! This is not called spiritual (mans spirit) adultery; it is called spiritual (mans spirit) wickedness. (No way can a believer get the Holy Spirit to commit adultery)
Manís spiritual wickedness. Allow me to prove this to you. In 1Cor.6:13Ė20. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them.
Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by His power.
Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them members of an harlot?
God forbid. What? Know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? For two, saith He shall be one flesh. But he that is joined to the Lord is one spirit (please notice the small "s" in spirit) Flee fornication.
Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit (please notice again the small "s"), which are Gods.
-----Do you see the spiritual (mans spirit) wickedness of man in the above scriptures?
Manís spiritual wickedness. Again in 1 Cor. 10:20 - 23, 28, we read the following: But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lords table, and of the table of devils. Do we provoke the Lord to Jealousy? Are we stronger than HE?
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. If any man say unto you, this is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that showed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lordís, and the fullness there of: ----Do you see the spiritual (mans spirit) wickedness of man in the above scriptures?
Manís spiritual wickedness. Iíll give you one more passage of scripture, and then Iíll move on. Itís found in Acts 7:40 -42, saying unto Aaron: Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land Egypt, we wot not what is become of him. And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their hands. Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?
-----Do you see the spiritual (mans spirit) wickedness of man in the above scripture? If you want more, believe me there is a lot more.
Manís spiritual wickedness. In Romans 1:18-23 Here is more of manís spiritual wickedness. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men. Who hold the truth in unrighteousness. Because that which is known of God is manifest in them: for God hath shown it unto them. For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
-----Do you see the spiritual (mans spirit) wickedness of man in these verses?
Manís spiritual wickedness. So what is spiritual wickedness, as we the believers know it today? Taking that which God has given us to worship and changing that into what man has made, for us to worship instead! Changing the Word of God to worship man and what he has made. God wants us to worship Him in spirit (with our inner spirit) and in truth!
- Tryingto put Jesus Christ into Christmas. Trying to put Jesus Christ into Easter. Trying to take what is meant for the kingdom of God, into the church, which is Christ Body. Trying to get Christians to keep the Ten Commandments, which were a school master to bring us unto Christ. Trying to get Christians to follow man instead of following His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. Trying to put man (pope, vice regent, vicar, Rabbi, Pontifex Maximus) to rule over Christians instead of God.
- When the apostle Paul said; follow me as I follow Christ, he is not ruling he is leading.
- In Matthew 23:8-10, we find this: But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master (Ruler), even Christ. And ye are all brethren.
- (Where does this leave those that are in leadership? Just like the rest of us, all members of the body of Christ, no one higher then the other member, and can we not thank our Lord for this?)
- And call no man your father (I do believe this should be Father) upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. Neither be ye called masters (I do believe this should be Masters): for one is your Master (Ruler), even Christ. But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
- (The verses saying: "One is your Master, even Christ" is repeated twice in these scriptures, do you think that was a mistake? I donít think so. Who then is to rule over Christians? Would you settle for the Lord Jesus Christ or man? Mine would be the Lord Jesus Christ any day.)
- Who is to rule in the Body of Christ? I do believe that the following scriptures also tell us very clearly the one and only one to rule over His members. Nowhere in the scriptures has the Lord Jesus Christ given man the authority to rule over His body. Just as our head rules over our human body, so does the Holy Spirit rule over the Church, which is Christ Body.
- Who Rules? In Col.1:18 we find this: And HE is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things HE might have the preeminence.
- Who Rules? Also in Col.2:19 we find this: And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
- Who Rules? And again in Eph.5:23 we find this: For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and HE is the saviour of the body.
- Lets take a look at the Holy Spirit in the light of the scriptures:
- John 7:37-39. In the last days, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, if any man thirst, let him come unto Me, and drink. He that believeth on Me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because Jesus was not yet glorified.
- John 15:26&27. But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit (Holy Spirit) of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, He shall testify of Me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning.
- John 16:7-15. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter (Holy Spirit) will not come unto you; but if I deport, I will send Him unto you. And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment; Of sin, because they believe not on ME; Of righteousness, because, I go to my Father, and ye see ME no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
- I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will show you things to come. He shall glorify ME: for He shall receive of MINE, and shall show it unto you. All things that the Father hath are MINE: therefore said I, that He shall take of MINE, and shall show it unto you.
- So you tell me, is the Holy Spirit important in our Christian lives or not?
- Whodoes the convicting of sin in manís life?
- Whoshows man the difference between unrighteousness and righteousness?
- Whoshows man the end results of his sins, when he stands before the judgment seat of our Lord Jesus Christ?
- Letís look at a parable that our Lord is giving to his disciples: Itís found in Mark 7:14-23.
- And when He had called all the people unto Him, He said unto them, Hearken unto Me everyone of you, and understand: There is nothing from without a man can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man. If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
- And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable. And He said unto them, are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into man it cannot defile him; because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats? And He said, that which cometh out of a man, that defileth the man.
- For from within out of the heart of man, proceed: (Next is called the evil dozen, plus one (13)
- Evil thoughts-1, adulteries-2, fornications-3, murders-4, thefts-5,
- covetousness-6, wickedness-7, deceit-8, lasciviousness-9, an evil eye-10, blasphemy-11, pride-12, foolishness-13:
- All these evil things come from within, and defile the man. (Can our Lord speak any plainer?)
- In Eph. 6:12. We find this, for we (Christians) wrestle not against flesh and blood,
- but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness (notice the small "s", to be mans spirit) in high places.
- What or who do we as Christians wrestle against?
- Principalities = Governments
- Powers = People in office
- Rulers of darkness of this world = Christ Rejectors
- Spiritual wickedness of man in high places = Mishandling of the Word of God
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. Let me take you on a little trip through the scriptures to show you the difference between the Spirit of God and the spirit of man.
- The apostle Paulís speech. In 1 Cor. 2:1-9 the apostle Paul is talking about his speech.
- How he did not come to them in excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto them the testimony of God.
- His speech was not with enticing words of manís wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit (please notice the large "S") and the power of God.
- He now goes from I to we (those of us who minister) in speech.
- Wespeak wisdom among them that are perfect (full grown or with under-standing): yet not the wisdom of this world, that come to nought:
- But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory.
- Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory.
- But as it is written: Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. I am still in 1 Cor. 2:10-16
- But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit (small "s" ) of man, which is in him?
- Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we received, not the spirit (from the Devil) of the world, but the spirit (large "S"), which is of God; that we (all Christians) might know the things that, are freely given to us (all Christians) of God.
- But the natural man (unbeliever) receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually ((Their inner spirit has not been born again) discerned.
- But he (all Christians) that is spiritual (they that are born again of Gods Spirit) judgeth all things, yet he (all Christians) himself is judged of no man (Why is this? Because he is judged of God Himself).
- For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him?
- But we (all Christians) have the mind of Christ.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. 1 Cor. 3:1.
- And I brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual (those whoís inner spirit is in tuned with Gods Spirit), but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. 1 Cor. 3:16 & 17.
- Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in You?
- If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy: for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. I Cor 6:11.
- And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the (Holy) Spirit of God.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. 1 Cor.6:17.
- But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit (here I believe manís spirit is ONE with the Lordís Spirit).
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. 1 Cor.6: 20.
- For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your Body, and in your spirit, which are Godís.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. I Cor 12:3.
- Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God (Holy Spirit) calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. 1 Cor 12:4-7.
- Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit (Holy Spirit).
- And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
- And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God, which worketh all in all.
- But the manifestation of the Spirit (Holy Spirit) is given to every man (every Christian) to profit withal.
- Did you by any chance notice this, "Holy Spirit, Lord, God all three working together?" How do you like that for togetherness?
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. 1 Cor. 12:8-11.
- For to one is given by the Spirit (Holy Spirit) the word of wisdom;
- To another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit (Holy Spirit);
- To another faith by the same Spirit (Holy Spirit),
- To another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit (Holy Spirit);
- To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy;
- To another discerning of spirits (other than the Holy Spirit);
- To another divers kinds of tongues (Nations);
- To another the interpretation of tongues (Nations);
- But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit (Holy Spirit) dividing to every man (all Christians) severally as He will. (Tell me now if you will, who, is in control?)
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit - 1 Cor. 12:12-14.
- For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
- For by one Spirit (Holy Spirit) are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been made (All Christians, not just those in leadership) to drink into one Spirit (Holy Spirit).
- For the body is not one member, but many. "The one Spirit here is the Holy Spirit"
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit - 1Cor. 12:27 & 28.
- Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
- And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers,
- After that miracles, then the gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues (for all Nations).
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit - 2 Cor. 5:5
- Now He that hath wrought (fashioned) us (all Christians) for the selfsame thing is God,
- Who hath also given unto us (all Christians) the earnest (down payment) of the (Holy) Spirit.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit - Gal. 6:1.
- Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye that are spiritual (matured in the spirit, man spirit), restore such a one in the spirit (mans spirit) of meekness, considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. Eph. 1:3.
- Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us (all Christians) with spiritual (should be large "S") blessings in heavenly places:
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. Eph.4:23. And be renewed in the spirit (s) of your mind.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. Eph. 5:9.
- For the fruit of the Spirit (Holy Spirit) is in all goodness and righteousness and truth:
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. Col.1:8&9.
- Who also declared unto us your love in the Spirit. For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of His will in wisdom and spiritual (should be large "S") understanding;
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit.
- I do believe Adam and Eve died a spiritual death when they sinned against the Lord in the Garden of Eden.
- That spiritual death was the cutting off of Gods Spirit with Adam and Eves spirit.
- Who could bring God and man back into fellowship but our Lord Jesus Christ.
- John 1:29. The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and he saith,
- Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away THE SIN ( the one big sin that separated all mankind from God) of the world.
- John 1:32. And John bare record, saying:
- I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon Him.
- John 1:33----Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him,
- the same is He that baptizeth with the Holy Spirit.
- John 1: 34. And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. John 3:1-8.
- When Nicodemus (a Pharisees) a ruler (Please notice the word ruler) of the Jews came to Jesus by night, -----the Lord said unto him,
- Verily, verily, I say unto thee. Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
- Nicodemus saith unto him, how can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his motherís womb, and be born?
- Jesus answered: Verily, verily, I say unto thee:
- Except a man be born of water (his fleshly berth) and of the Spirit (Holy Spirit), he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
- That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (I do believe that when this happens to a believer, his/her (mans reborn) spirit (inner) becomes alive to the Holy Spirit in him).
- The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but thou canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is everyone that is born of the Spirit (Holy Spirit).
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. John 3:16.
- For God so loved the world (mankind), that HE gave HIS only begotten Son, that whosoever (put your name in here) believeth in Him (the Son) should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- Holy Spirit/manís spirit. Do you now see why it is important to know what the scriptures say about the Holy Spirit and the spirit of man? If a man says he is spiritual what is he saying? If a man says he is a spiritual leader what is he saying? Iíll leave this up to you to answer.
- I would like to now get into the works of the flesh.
- In Mark 7:20-23 And he (the Lord Jesus) said, that which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceeds:
- 1-Evil thoughts, 2-adulteries, 3-fornications, 4-murders, 5-thefts, 6-coveoueness,
- 7-wichedness, 8-deceit, 9-lasciviousness, 10-an evil eye, 11-blasphemy, 12-pride,
- In Romans 1:14-17. Paul said, I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
- So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome.
- For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
- For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Here is what the Bible calls the Works of the flesh: Romans 1:29-31. Being filled with all:
1-unrighteousness, 6-murder 11-backbiters, 16-inventors of evil things
2-wickedness, 7-debate 12-haters of God, 17-disobedient to parents
3-covetousness, 8-deceit 13- despiteful, 18-without understanding
4 maliciousness, 9-malignity 14-proud, 19-covenant breakers
5-full of envy, 10-whisperers 15-boasters,
- without natural affection, 21-implacable, 22-unmerciful..
- Knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, Not only do the same, But have pleasure in them that do them.
Works of the flesh: 1 Cor.5:11. If a brother be a:
1-fornicator, 2-covetous, 3- idolater, 4-railer, 5-drunkard, 6- extortioner
- Not to keep company, not to eat with, put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
Works of the flesh: 1 Cor. 6:9 & 10. Be not deceived:
1-fornicators, 2-idolaters, 3-adulaterers, 4-effeminate,
5-abusers of themselves with mankind, 6- thieves,
7-covetous, 8-drunkers, 9-revilers, 10-extortioners,
- Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Works of the flesh: 1Cor 10:6-11.
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not:
- Lustafter evil things, as they lusted (1).
- Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them (2).
- The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
- Neither let us commit fornication,
- As some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand (3).
- Neither let us tempt Christ,
- As some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents (4).
- Neither murmur ye, as some of them murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer (5). Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
Works of the flesh: Gal 5:16-21.
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit (Holy Spirit), and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
- For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit (Holy Spirit) and the Spirit (Holy Spirit) against the flesh: these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. (A war that is taking place between all flesh and the Holy Spirit).
- But if ye be led of the Spirit (Holy Spirit), ye are not under the law.
- Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these:
Adultery (1), fornication (2), uncleanness (3), lasciviousness (4), idolatry (5),
witchcraft (6), hatred (7), variance (8), emulations (9), wrath (10), strife (11),
seditions (12), heresies (13), envyings (14), murders (15), drunkenness (16),
reveilings (17), and such like:
- Of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Works of the flesh: Eph.4:17-19,22, 25-31.
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the: 1- Vanity of the mind, 2-Understanding darkened, 3-Alienated from the life of God,
4-Ignorance that is in them, 5-Blindness of their heart, 6-Past feeling, 7-Laciviousness,
8-Uncleanness with greediness, 9-Deceitful lusts, 10-Lying, 11-Stealing,
12-From the mouth corrupt communication, 13-Bitterness, 14-Wrath, 15-Anger,
16-Clamour, 17-Evil speaking, 18-Malice.
(Please go over this list for yourself and your children, there are lessons to be learned here.)
Works of the flesh: Eph 5:3-5.
Let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints:
1-fornication, 2-all uncleanness, 3-covetousness, 4-filthiness, 5-foolish talking,
6-jesting, 7-whoremonger, 8-unclean person, 9-covetous, 10- idolater,
- Hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Works of the flesh: Col. 3:5-9.
Mortify (put to death) therefore your members (of your body) which are upon the earth:
1-fornication, 2-uncleanness, 3-indordinate affection, 4-evil concupiscence (our desires),
5-covetousness, 6-idolatry, 7-anger, 8-wrath, 9-malice, 10-blasphemy,
11-filthy communication, 12-lying,
- Seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
Works of the flesh: 1 Thes.4:3-9,
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
- That everyone of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; Not in the lust of concupiscence (our desires), even as the Gentiles which know not God:
- That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: Because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.
- For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us His Holy Spirit.
- But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: For ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
Works of the flesh: 2 Thes. 2:1-12.
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him. That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit (manís), nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
- Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.
- Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
- Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
- For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
- And then shall the wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit (should be large "S") of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming;
- Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs, and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
- And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, But had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Works of the flesh: 2 Tim. 3:1-5.
This know also, in the last days perilous times shall come.
For men shall be:
1-lovers of their own selves, 2- covetous, 3-boasters, 4-proud, 5-blasphemers,
6-disobedient to parents, 7-unthankful, 8-unholy, 9-without natural affection,
10-trucebreakers, 11-false accusers, 12-incontinent, 13-fierse,
14-despisers of those that are good, 15-traitors, 16-heady, 17-highminded,
18-lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God, 19-having the form of Godliness,
20-denying the power thereof:
- From such turn away.
Works of the flesh: Number One on Paulís list for works of the flesh is: fornicators.
- I donít believeyou will have any trouble finding out where child molesters, drug pushers, killers fit into any of Paulís letters that he wrote to the early Christians assemblies.
- I do believehe (Paul) covered the works of the flesh that this ungodly body can do, when it comes to sinning against God
Wherefore by their fruits shall ye know them is a very good subject.
Lets take a look into this subject: Gal.5:22 & 23.
- But the fruit of the Spirit (Holy Spirit) is:
1-love, 2-joy, 3-peace, 4-longsuffering, 5-gentleness, 6-goodness, 7-faith, 8-meekness,
9-temperance; Against such there is no law.
Every Christian when they received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour, received the Holy Spirit. So by their fruits you will know them is based on how they allow the Holy Spirit to work in their lives.
When we look into their lives do we see love, joy, peace, when a crises comes up, do you see long-suffering with gentleness, along with meekness and temperance? If you do, then what you are seeing is this, Christian allowing the Holy Spirit to work in their lives.
We have greater love because of the Holy Spirit in our lives. More joy and peace and we can see this in a Christianís life. And with no problem we can see gentleness, goodness, and faith.
Sometimes it is harder to see long-suffering, temperance, and meekness, because adverse conditions have to come into their lives, before these three show up. But they are still there for the Christian to use just the same. And just think there is no law against our using them.
By their fruits shall ye know them: In Gal 3:1-5, we find this:
O Foolish Galatians, who hatch bewitched you that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
This only would I learn of you: Received ye the (Holy) Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? Having begun in the (Holy) Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Have ye suffered so many things in vain? If it be yet in vain. He that ministereth to you the (Holy) Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth He it by works of the Law, or by the hearing of faith?
By their fruits shall you know them: In Eph. .2:1-10, we find this:
And you hath He quickened`(made us alive), who were dead in trespasses and sins.
- Wherein in times past ye walked according to the course of this world,
- According to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit (now whoís spirit is this?)
- That now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
But God who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us.
- Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened (made us alive) us together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
- That in ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace Are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is THE (not a) gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God (not man) hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
So many times man want Christians to walk their way, as though their way is the way God wants us to walk.
- Every Christianís walk is a little different, sometimes a lot different, in that We do not all go through life (early or late) at the same time.
- The things that happen in our lives are not the same. We are not all born at the same time. We are not all grownup at the same time. We do not all marry at the same time. We do not all die at the same time.
That is why we see the saying on car bumpers " I am not perfect yet, God is not finish with me." Yes we do slip back into the flesh at times and that is why we need each other. As Paul said in Galatians chapter 3, O foolish Galatians (Christians) who hath bewitched you, are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now made perfect by the flesh?
- Are we trying to clean up the flesh? Or are we helping Christians to let God work in their lives?
- Through their problems and through their tribulations are the scriptures a comfort to them? If not! Why not!
- I do believe that the scriptures are a very strong comfort in the time of problems or tribulations, and our only safety is in the Word of God and His Holy Spirit.
By their fruits shall you know them: In Romans 8:38&39.
For I am persuaded that neither:
1-death, 2-nor life, 3-nor angels, 4-nor principalities, 5- nor powers, 6- nor things present,
7-nor things to come, 8-nor height, 9- nor depth, 10-nor any other creature,
- Shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus.
Yes this is all part of: By their fruits shall you know them. How are you doing Brother in Christ? How are you doing Sister in Christ? Hang in there! Donít give up! We have the Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus Christ, and our Father in heaven on our side, working on us, in us, and for us!
By their fruits shall you know them: In Romans 5:1-5.
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
- By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also:
Knowing that tribulation worketh = patience;
And patience = experience; and experience = hope;
And hope = maketh not ashamed;
Because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us.
So we as Christians know that in our Christian life, we are going to have problems. But we are told to have patience, for in these problems the Lord has given us hope. And we are told not to be ashamed in our problems, because God loves us, and will help us.
Do we as Christians look at other Christians that are going through problems in their lives as this is because of sin in their lives, or failures in their lives? Our Lord wants us to grow in faith and hope, letting us know He wants to be a part of our life. So when problems come our way donít always think of them as sin or failures in our life, but the trying of our faith.
By their fruits shall you know them: Phil.4:8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things:
1-are true, 2-are honest, 3-are just, 4-are pure, 5-lovely, 6-are of good report,
7-if there be any virtue, 8-if there be any praise, think on these things.
Yes all this is, by their fruits shall you know them. Christian are always to be truthful, always to be honest, always to be just, always try to keep yourselves pure for our Lords sake.
Is our Christian life lovely to look at? Is our Christian Life giving out a good report? Be very careful not to be thinking to highly of ourselves and be very careful when men praise us for our Christian walk. Remember we all are His workmanship and He should receive all the praise and glory, not us.
When it comes to: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them, I can not speak for other Christians, only for myself, so judge me if you will.
I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Saviour in my early twenties, when I was in the United States Navy. My country had just gone through World 2, in which I served two and a half years in the combat zone aboard a United States Naval ship, a Destroyer. I do wish to tell you, that while I was aboard that ship, we were involved in twelve marine island landings. We were also engaged in protecting troop ships as well as Naval Ships from submarines, aircraft. Doing our best to protect U.S. Naval ships, from the Japanese Navy ships. Yes we did engage the Japanese ships, and we did loose a lot of men and ships. I will not go into any of the details, because it is all too gruesome to report.
By Their fruits: My life was in turmoil, before I accepted the Lord. I could not take the life of a civilian; my dreams would keep me awake at night. When I would hear the bell of a streetcar, I would find myself running for my battle station, that was not there. My Aunt and Uncle did not and would not try to understand what I was going through. I was still their teenage boy, who needed parentís protection. I had no one I could talk to, and no one who would try to understand what I was going through. Enough of this.
By Their fruits: I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ when I was on my second hitch in the Navy. My life completely changed when the Lord came into my life. The Lord gave me peace of mind, my whole outlook on life changed. I had someone and something to live for. My Bible became my closest friend. I learned to trust the Bible and not mankind. I soon learned mankind had his own distasteful ways to live his life.
By Their fruits: Aboard ship I found five navy men that agreed to sit down with me and study the Bible. Four were enlisted men and one officer. None of us had ever read the Bible, but each of us had accepted the Lord as our personal Savior. We had many questions which none of us knew the answers. After our watches we would gather on the fantail of the ship and read our Bibles. The ship was underway and whenever the ship would turn with high-speed maneuvers, we would get soaked with water. We all enjoyed these time together.
But all of this came to an end. We were shelling the shores, when we were told to lay off shelling; we were told we had a visitor that wished to come aboard. It was Easter Sunday and a Chaplain, was to have services for all faiths.
After our service all five of us engaged the Chaplain with our questions. He pulled the Naval Officer aside and before us, read him up one side and down the other. He was told he could not keep company with enlisted personal. The next day a chopper transferred him to another ship. We were told by our commanding officers to breakup our meetings on the ships fantail.
By Their fruits: My Aunt and Uncle moved from Chicago to Oregon while I was in service. My Aunt took very sick and the Red Cross sent word that I could and should get an earl discharge.
By Their fruits: In Oregon I looked around for Christian Fellowship. A Church in town claimed to be a Christian Church, so I went to services every Sunday.
After services on Sunday I would go up town and meet with other Christians young people from other Churches. We were all about the same age, so I said why donít we all get together after Sunday services. The girls could fix box lunches for us boys, we boys would bring soft drinks, and we all could sit around and read our Bibles together.
All the young people said that was a good idea, and that is what we did. It wasnít long before I was called into the ministerís office of the Christian Church and asked if I was the one responsible for all the young people of other Churches getting together on Sundays and causing them to read their Bibles. I said I was, and I was told to stop, which I did. We still met but not with our Bibles.
I had trouble with having the Lord Supper every Sunday morning. After service I asked the minister why we had to have the Lordís Supper every Sunday morning and if it was called a supper, why donít we have it in the evening? I soon found I had reached my end, I had asked to many questions. I was told I was a troublemaker, and that the Church had received many complaints about me from other Churches, and I was asked to leave.
By Their fruits: Among the young people that used to get together after Sunday Services, were two young men about my age, that were studying for the ministry. They, asked me to go home with them to Portland and meet their folks, I accepted.
I had never been in a Christian home. Before we ate breakfast, we all sang "Praise God from whom all blessing flow". At bed time the two young men prayed by their beds. They asked me donít you ever pray before you go the sleep? No I answered, what do I pray? Well why donít you start with "now I lay me down to sleep".
That Sunday morning I went to their Church, we sat way up in the balcony. The morning service came over the loud speaker and it didnít come from the Bible. I stayed a week with the young men and their family and it was a pleasure. But we never once studied the Bible together. I had a thrust for the Bible that could not be filled by man.
By Their fruits: I helped my Aunt and Uncle move to California and Iíve been here ever since. I went to work for an Aircraft Company as a Field & Service Rep. One day in the hanger I heard a sorrowful cry of "OH NO!" I turned to see what was going on. It seemed that a member of the so-called Church of Christ was talking to a Christian I had known for only a short time, and by the look on his face he was very troubled.
I went over to him and he said to me: "I donít know if I am saved!" Do you know God does not hear the prayers of a sinner? What I am giving you is totally dishonesty and using the scripture with craftiness. This so-called Church of Christ fellow gave only half of the scripture verse. It is found in John 9: 31 and reads as follows: Now we know that God heareth not sinners (This is where the man stopped and walked away from the Christian.) (I had a hard time getting this Christian to hear the rest of the verse) Here is the rest of John 9:31. But if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth His will, him He heareth. I asked the Christian what is the will of God for sinners? He looked at me and his face cleared up from worry to joy when he said: "To believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and I shall be saved".
By their fruits: I had another run in with this so-called Church of Christ young man.
My plane was flown into Edwardís Air Force Base one evening. And I had to post flight and pre flight the aircraft that evening for structure testing the next day. I was in my post-fight checkout. I stopped to go to the rest room. In each of the stalls was a tract that had something to do with the Lord. I read the title of the tract and knew it belong to the Church of Christ young man.
I went back to my plane to continue my post-flight, over the loud speaker my name was called to report to the managerís office. The manager told me to take a seat by his desk; he closed the door to his office and locked it.
He said I want this to be a meeting just between you and me. He went to his desk and pulled out this Church of Christ tract and asked me if it were mine. Which I said no, he then asked me if I knew whoís it was? I told him I did, and he asked me again. Whoís tract is this? I told him it belongs to the so-called Church of Christ.
He then got angry with me and said he could fire me if I didnít tell him. I just told him I wouldnít tell him. He then told me if he caught me handing out any tracts on company property he would fire me on the spot. I told him I knew better than to do that.
He then relaxed in his seat and just looked at me for a while saying nothing. Billmeyer I like you, you could have told me who passed out these tracts, but you didnít.
Now I have a very serious question to ask you and it is just between you and me. Tell me about the horsemen in the book of Revelation. I said I would go to my toolbox and get my Bible. No he said I want to hear it from your head. We talked about the horsemen in the book of Revelation, until he said I had better stop talking, that he needed my plane on the flight line the next morning ready for flight.
By their fruits: That same evening I was into my pre-flight when break sounded and I went into the waiting area, just to close my eyes for a little while. When I walked into the room, I heard "Hey sinner you are no better then us!" I turn to see who made that comment and it was the so-called Church of Christ young man. I said sometime like, you are right, I am a sinner, but the difference is, I am a saved sinner.
I heard someone get up and run for the door crying, "Oh God!" I took off running after him and caught up with him. I found out that he had been watching me for months and was wanting to me like me. He and I talked through our break period, that if me wanted to be like me, he would have to accept the Lord Jesus Christ into his life. I gave him the plan of salvation, which he listened to me with attention. Break period over I went back to my plane and finished my pre-flight, and had the plane moved to the flight line.
By their fruits: One day back at our home hanger, I was up on the tail section of a plane, 30 feet in the air, when I heard my Cherry-Picker being lowered. I looked over the tail section to see my lead-man coming up to me. When he reached the tail section he came right over to me and said; "You tell me the truth and if you donít, I will knock you off this plane". I looked at him and I could see that he was mad.
What ever you ask me I will tell you the truth. He said his dad just died, with tears in his eyes he asked. Where is he? Just one minute here you want me to tell you where your dad is? Are you asking me, is he in heaven or hell? He shook his head yes.
So I asked him a series of questions. Did you ever hear your dad mention the name of the Lord Jesus Christ? No! Hear him sing or hum Christian songs? No! See him reading a bible? No! See him on his knees praying? No! I started to get worried; will I ever hear a yes?
I asked him a few more question and the answers were still no. Did he notice any change in his life say from mean to having a happy spirit? No! Look I donít want you to knock me off this plane, and I am not God, so I canít give you an answer. He turned and went down my cherry picker and started to walk away. I yelled after him to send up my cherry picker so I could get back down to the floor of the hanger.
By their fruits: At work much was going on behind my back that I was not aware of. I had tracts in my toolbox like, "the priest we did, why do girls drink, the one true church". I did notice at lunchtime some of the men would close the top of my toolbox and play cards on it.
One day my lead-man came to me and said: Billmeyer I just saved your butt. He told me that the men had gone to our Forman and complained about the tracts in my toolbox on company property. Our Forman agreed with them and said he would see that the tracts were removed.
He told my lead-man to tell me to remove my tracts from company property and my lead-man told him he would not do it. He said before I would tell Billmeyer to remove his tracts, you tell those men to remove from their toolboxes all the pictures of naked women. Heís the only one on this line that doing any good, he does his work without being told, and I have never seen him pass out any of the tracts on company property. He said our Forman just walked away not saying a word.
By their fruits: I can go on, but this is only one aspect of my life as a Christian. What about my Christian life with my wife, with my children, with the Christian people that the Lord Jesus Christ has brought into my life? The stranger on the street that I donít know, what is my relationship with them? Have there been UPís and downís in my Christian life? Yes there have been, but I can say, there have been much more UPís then downís thanks to the Lord and his Holy Spirit working in my life.
By their fruits: There is one relationship, I have not covered and that is between The Holy Spirit and our spirit. This is very important, because this relationship is our Christian life. I have covered being born-again, how the Holy Spirits wakes up our spirit to God that was dead in trespasses and sin. How the Spirit of God bears witness with our spirit first of all, that we are Children of God. No man or devil can take that fellowship from us. What I have not covered is how the Spirit of God works in our lives. The Holy Spirit is our only communication with our Lord in Heaven. That as a Christian, you must worship God in spirit (manís spirit, small "s") and in truth. Your awakened spirit is very important to our Lord, this is how he does communicate with us.
The Holy Spirit does brings into our Christian lives the fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, these are all gifts from your Heavenly Father to you, to use in your Christian life to the praise and glory of our Lord Jesus Christ...Please as a brother in Christ I ask you to let them take over and have the liberty to flow into your everyday Christian walk.
When you pray, stop and think, you as a Christian are communicating with your Heavenly Father. When you stop to meditate about things in the bible, in your life, in your walk, in your children, you are asking your Heavenly Father to come into your life to be a part of it and to be with you during this time. Your Heavenly Father wants to be a blessing to you through your spirit that HE has made alive to Him. You can experience some of what Adam and Eve had with our Lord in their early days with Him, before sin entered in. As the Lord has said, they that have ears to hear, let them hear.
By their fruits: Yes, all this is part of the walk of a Christian that shows to the world around them, that he or she is bearing fruit of the Spirit for our Lord Jesus Christ. Yes Sir, by their fruits from their spirit can we know them. These fruits do show that the Holy Spirit is working in their lives. And to this I have to say, "praise God from whom all blessing flow."
I have only two letters of markings, one from the Christians in Virginia dated 1-30-1977 and one from brother Russell dated 8-26-1999. Are there any other letters of marking? If there are, I would like to have them, or at lease see them.
- Is there a list of names of all the marked Brothers and Sisters in the Lord?
- I would like to have it or at lease see it.
- How do Christians in the assemblies know who is marked and who is to be avoided?
- Are any Christian just Marked, but not to be avoided?
- Are any Christians marked only to be avoided?
- You say many Christians who were marked have come back to the assemblies.
- What are their names and why were they marked and I presume to be avoided?
- I would like to have their names or at least see a list of their names.
I do not know how or when I got the letter from Virginia, but I do have it now. I would like to say again, I do not like to take words out of verses and verses out of their place in the scriptures, and make a doctrine out of them I strongly believe when that is done, it is a manís doctrine and not our Lordís.
I do believe in comparing scripture with scripture, this is always the safest approach to Godís Word. I have found in Godís Word when He wants us Christian to know something that is very important, He gives us the fleshly side and the Spiritual side, so we can make the application to our Christian life. Then He allows us to go back into His word and prove what He is giving us. If there is one thing that I have learned, is that our Lord does not want Christians to be dumb.
He wants Christians to:
- 1-Study (not just to read) to show yourself approved unto God, not unto man, but unto God.
- 2-To be a Workman (one that uses the bible not just reading) that needed not to be ashamed (to know Godís word for yourself).
- 3-Rightly dividing(we Christians have to be faithful to our Lord in separating scripture, not to misuse it) the word of truth. (All found in 2 Tim. 2:15)
- 4-Searchthe scriptures daily to learn if the things you are hearing are true. Acts 17:11.
- 5- Faith, keep your faith in the Lord and not in man because, - - - -faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God, Rom.10:17.
- 6-Hear , blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it, Luke 11:28
- 7-Doctrine, whose doctrine is it? If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God - - - - John 7:17.
- 8-Prove all things, donít just accept it because someone said so, prove it by the scriptures, than hold fast to it. In other words make it your own as a part of your Christian life.
I do believe brother Russell was very careful in his marking of Leonardo Montoyo and I do thank the Lord for this. Leonardo needed to be marked (pointed out) for what he was doing. Russell gave Proverbís 6:12-14 and he wrote it out, so there was no way to miss understand him. And I will do the same, "A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a forward mouth. He winketh with his eyes, he speaketh with his feet, he teacheth with his fingers; frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually , he soweth discord" I have already commented on 2 Thes. 3:6 and Rom. 16:17&18 in my second letter to you. The Lord bless you Russell.
On the letter from Virginia dated 1-30-1977 their problems went back to the years 1969 and 1970. Brother James said: I have confessed to my personal immense guilt in pressing the situation which resulted in the indiscriminate and wholesale marking of at least five related families and of all others who would not accept that marking.
When I read the letter from our brethren in Virginia, it seemed to be a newsletter on the condition in the assembly back there. There were no scripture verses given at all and signed by twenty-four brethren.
Brother Jim when you take words out of verses and verses out of scripture, and make those verses into a doctrine (the doctrine becomes manís not Godís), and ask Christians to stand by them, it is no wonder they put up a battle. But like I said; when you put those words back into their verses and back into their original settings, you wonít get any argument from Christians and you wonít get one from me. And this is because we all do believe in the Word of God.
Before I became a Christian, my Aunt made me go to Sunday school every Sunday, I did not have to go to church. In fact I got a pin at the end of the year for my attendance. I use to sing songs like Jesus Loves Me, but I was never told how Jesus loved me. I was told not to swear, not to used the Lordís name in vain, always to be nice to older people, never hurt anybody, never be mean to my parents.
As I look back into my life, it took the Lord twenty years just to get my attention before I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my life. As I have said, I accepted Christ into my life during my second hitch in the Navy. In fact I know the Lord made three attempts to reach me and as I can remember I never rejected any of His attempts. One night I was hitchhiking in my Navy uniform with all my ribbons, from LA to San Diego.
When I was picked up by a Car full of three Christian couples. I could not see where I could sit in their car, so I just waved them on. But the male Christian sitting by the door said to me, you could sit on my knees if you want, after all a ride is a ride. I looked at all the people in the car and they were all older people and a ride is a ride.
In the car they told me about the meeting they had attended and each gave me their personnel testimony how they had accepted Christ. The driver who was a woman asked me if I wanted them to pray for me, and to receive the Lord into my life? I told them all I was not a sinner, I did not cuss, swear, or go around with wild, wild women. I didnít smoke or drink hard liqueur and I never took the name of the Lord in vain. I thought this would help my cause and get them off my back.
But the driver said, if you havenít accepted Christ into your life you are still a sinner. The Christian whose knees I was sitting on asked me if I wanted them to pray for me? I said if that is what they wanted to do, it was all right with me. The driver pulled over to the side of the rood and each one in the car prayed for me. They asked me if I felt any different and I said no. That was the end of my ride with them.
That same night I was still trying to get to San Diego and it was now around two oíclock in the morning now, and I thought I would never be able to get to the Naval Base by eight oíclock for Morning Muster. I was stuck in a shore town, it was cool, damp and I was tired, and I remember saying out loud, "If there is a God in heaven, let him get me a ride!"
A car came along and rolled right by me. I was just about to say, "That I knew there was no God in heaven". When the tail tights went on and the driver put the car in reverse to back up to me. The driver was a male younger then I it turned out he was a Christian. He asked me where I was going and I told him San Diego, good that was where he was going.
This is what he said to me; "That when he read his bible he always tried to remember a scripture verse. He would read that verse over and over until he thought he had remembered the verse. He would then say it out loud over and over until he was sure he knew the verse. And last he had to give it out to someone."
It turned out for the next two and a half hours, he gave me one verse after another. He had the heater on in the car and at times I would drift off to sleep. He would shake me awake and say to me, "Stay awake, why do you think I am giving you a ride? When he left me in San Diego, he thanked me for letting him give out all the verses that he had memorized.
The third and finale time the Lord tried to reach me was at the San Diego Naval Receiving Station. I was stationed there at the Motion Picture Exchange off base. On the base I would show two movies a night and be paid a dollar a movie.
One afternoon I was setting up for a stage show by Spade Coolly and his Band. The Chief I was working for at the time said he had a religious brother-in-law and if he came along just tell him to shove-off. I did have a working party helping me get the stage ready; I was up on a latter taking down drapes. I felt this very gentle shaking of the latter and I looked down to see this Chief wanting me to come down. I knew this was the Chiefís brother-in-law and as my Chief said, I told him to shove-off.
He told me very quietly that he wanted to talk to me and my working party. I told him I didnít have any time for him and to please leave. I tried to go back to work and forget all about him, but he stayed right with me. I gave in and seated my working party in the front row of the theater. I stood next to him and said: OK preach to them. He said: Iíd like you to be seated too. I said OK, but if I didnít like what he was giving I would throw him out.
He pulled out of his pocket a small nut that had many colors. And with each color he had a Scripture Verse. I do remember black, red, white, green, and purple. Black was our sins, white was our sins when forgiven, green was our walk after our sinís were forgive, purple was for Jesus Christ in our lives. He asked if anyone wished to receive Christ into their life and have their sinís forgiven? I said to myself that I would like too, but I wouldnít tell him.
When I came among Christian that were meeting only in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. I had to learn about Easter, Christmas, Water baptism, Spiritual baptism, the Lordí supper, the walk of the believer, the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord, how Christ went to Abrahamís bosom to set captive free. Where the rich man went when he died? Where the thief on the cross went when he died?
There were so many things that I did not know that older brotherís helped me with, even though I heard what was given, read all the scripture for myself, I still needed someone to help me make them a part of my Christian life.
Jim, just because I did not see what all of them were telling me, not a one of these Christian brothers were upset or angry with me. "I was never MARKED TO BE AVOIDED.The prodigal son. Luke 15: 11-32.
And he said, a certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to the father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
When he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in the land; and he began to want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my fatherís have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him: Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his nick, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet; And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and lets us eat, and be merry.
Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said unto him; Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
And he said unto him, Son thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
Please Donít put into scriptures things that are not there. Donít take from scriptures things that are not there. Leave the scriptures as God has them written and wanted them to be. Simple enough isnít it?
I would take from your two letters that you believe that all Christians that are marked are prodigal sons.
- And that the father here is our Heavenly Father, and that the prodigal son took of our Heavenly Fatherís substance and spent it in riotous living (Spiritual adultery, which you say is; divisiveness, rebellion, insurrection).
- We Christians should have nothing to do with them, until they come to the end of their riotous living (Spiritual adultery).
- We cannot receive them until after they have confess their sins to the Heaven Father and to the assemblies.
- Then they have to wait until we have observed their life for a period of time. Before they can take part in any Christian Service.
- And I am to believe that you got all this from the above verses found in Luke 15:11-32?
- I took the liberty to type all the verses so I can find all these statements.
As I said before if this is a doctrine of our Lord we will be able to see the fleshly side and the Spiritual side.
The fleshly side of the story:
1-The father had two sons. 2-The younger son asked his father for his portion of the goods. 3-The younger son gathered all his goods and went into a far country. 4-There he wasted his substance with riotous living. 5-He spent all. 6-There was famine in the land. 7-He began to want. 8-He went and joined himself to a citizen of that land. 9-The citizen sent him into his field to feed swine. 10-He would starve so he filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat. 11.And no man gave to him.
The Spiritual side of the story:
12-He came to himself. 13- His thoughts went to his fathers servants how they had bread enough to spare. 14-I perish with hunger. 15-I will arise and go to my father and say unto him. 16-Father , I have sinned against heaven, and before thee. 17- I am no more worthy to be called thy son. 18-Make me as one of thy hired servants.
19-He arose and came to his father. 20-But when he was a great way off. 21-His father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his nick, and kissed him. 22-And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight. 23-Am no more worthy to be called thy son.
24-But the father said to his servants. 25-Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him. 26-Put a ring on his finger. 27-And shoes on his feet. 28-Bring hither the fatted calf, 29-Kill it, 30-Lets us eat, 31-And Be merry.
Lets take a look at the elder son of the fatherís.
1-The eider son was in the field, 2-As he drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing. 3-He called one of the servants and asked what these things meant? 4-The servant said unto him, 5- Thy brother is come, 6- Thy father hath killed the fatted calf, 7-because he hath received him safe and sound.
8-The brother was angry and would not go in, 9- The father came out and intreated him. 10-The son said to his father, these many years I have serve thee, 11-neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment, 12-thou never gavest me a kid, 13-That I might make merry with my friends, 14-But as soon as thy son come, 15-Which hath devoured thy living with harlots, 16-Thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
Lets take a look at what the father said to the elder son.
1-Son thou art ever with me, 2-And all that I have are thine, 3- It was meet that we should make merry and be glad, 4-For thy brother was dead, 5-And is alive again, 6-Was lost, 7-and is found.
- The part that no man (Gentle) gave unto him was not a Spiritual part of the message. If you think it was, then you have to take into consideration that along with; (1)no man gave to him, (2) he had spent all, (3) there was a mighty famine in the land, (4) he began to want, (5) he was very hunger (remember the son said I perish with hunger).
- The son had to come to himself,before there could be a turning point in his life, and to remember the blessings that his father could give.
- To determine within himself to go back to his father.
- And what do you think that his father saw when the son came to him?
- Was the son dirty, smelling, needing a bath, clothes all torn, no shoes, no ring on his finger to show that he belonged to his father?
- You have to take into view all these things. I do believe a beautiful part of this story is: That the father did not asked his son to confess his sins."
- The son was willing to take a place of a servant.
- There was nothing in the story that the father would not go to his son if he could.
- There was nothing in the story that his father waited until the son confessed his sins before he would receive him.
- The son confessed after his father received him.
- There was nothing about waiting to see if the son really came clean of his sins, before he could become a part of the family again.
- I do believe when the father killed the fatted calf that was his way of saying, "everyone rejoice and be merry, I have received my son".
I will close with this found in Psalms 48:8-14. As we have heard, so have we seen in the city of the Lord of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it forever, Selah. We thought of thy loving kindness, O God, in the midst of thy temple. According to thy name, O God, so is thy praise unto the end of the earth. Thy right hand is full of righteousness. Let mount Zion Rejoice, let the daughters of Judah be glad, because of thy judgments. Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof. Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces: that ye may tell it to the generation following. For this God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide even unto death.
Your Brother in Christ
Return to Top Return to Navigation