To Jim, Ray, Weyman, Nathan, Bill, Jim (My Son), This is letter #7
My Dear Brother Jim
I am sure by now you are wishing I would stop writing to you, but you see I can not stop, something has to come out of all this. Our Lord has a reason for everything that He has us do. So long as our Lord keeps putting thoughts into my mind for you, I will keep writing. For Isaiah 55:8 Ė 11, tell me: For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater. So shall My WORD be that goeth out of MY MOUTH: it shall not return UNTO ME VOID, but it shall accomplish that WHICH I PLEASE, and IT shall prosper in the thing whereto I SENT IT.
Brother Jim, you may not read this letter, but I can assure you that my children have and maybe my grandchildren will one day. My children have shown more appreciation for Godís Word. And they have accepted His Word as being the final authority between His Words and manís words. When there arises a dispute between Godís Words and manís words, let Godís Word settle all disputes! Will you say Amen, to this?
God forbid: yea let God be true, but every man a liar, as it is written. That thou mightest be justified in thy saying, and mightest overcome when thou art judged, Romans 3:4. I want to be judged of all men (both saved and unsaved) in every walk of my life, just as I want and will be judged by my Lord. This thought has always been before me though out my Christian life.
When our Lord said: "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, Live peaceably with all men (to me this meaning, both the saved and the unsaved)" Romans 12:18. And also in Hebrews 12:14 we read: Follow peace with all men (saved and unsaved), and holiness, without which no man shall see the lord.
I have spent 30 years with JPL and NASA and what I am about to give you has been an out-standing help to me in seeing and knowing the difference between Manís wisdom and Godís wisdom. Manís knowledge, and Godís knowledge that He gives to all believers. Man does use the principles shown in the Book of Proverbs and in the order that God has given them. When they do, they can bring a completion to all their problems. When they do not follow this order, they can never reach a given solution or an understanding to any of their problems. This is the principle for teaching in all of our schools. The teacher, for themselves, get wisdom, knowledge and understanding on any subject they wish to study. They in turn must try to teach the student, not only to know the subject, but also to understand the subject. If the teacher is able to do this with each of their students, they should be highly honored for their teaching ability. For they have completed as it were the Learning Curve. Far to often some students learn the knowledge part all right, (we know that knowledge by itself will only puff up a person) but never have gained any understanding as to what this knowledge is all about. Sometimes this is because they do not want to even try. Men call this learning, God calls it understanding
I am going to take you through the Book of Proverbs to give you what our Lord has given to me on these three words they are wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. Please remember this order, wisdom is always first, from wisdom comes knowledge, from knowledge comes understanding. Wisdom is all around us; we just have to open up our eyes, ears, touch, smell, minds, and our hearts. Wisdom is our Lords and it comes from our Lord. Knowledge also comes from our Lord in which He wants all Christians to have. But knowledge without understanding is useless. Understanding is what we must have and this is what we have to produce with our minds and our hearts. You can say: I know, on any subject. But to understand any subject, and how to use what you have learned, now that is the victory our Lord wants all Christians to have. We go through school to obtain knowledge and when we understand this knowledge, we have the understanding on what it means and how to correctly use it. Not to use it correctly is nothing short of total disaster. I believe this is what has happened with all these MARKINGS. The knowledge is there, but there has been a total misinterpretation and a misuse of this knowledge and the applying of it. That is why we have with us this total disaster! Our Lord also gives us another word to be consider, and that word is instructions (teaching, doctrine, proverbs). This is the way in which He (Holy Spirit) teaches us and tells us what He (Our Lord) wants us to know and understand.
From the Book of Proverbs
Wisdom - - - Knowledge - - - Understanding - - - Instruction - - -
To know wisdom and instruction, to perceive the words of understanding, To receive the instruction of wisdom (1), justice (2), and judgment (3), and equity (4); To give subtilty (5), to the simple, to the young man knowledge (6), and discretion (7). A wise man will hear, and will increase learning, and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels; To understand a proverb, and the interpretation, the words of the wise and their dark sayings. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. But fools despise wisdom and instruction. My Son, hear the instruction of thy father, forsake not the law of thy mother. For they shall be an ornament of grace unto the head, and chains about thy neck. Proverbs. 1:2 -9
Brother Jim, There is much that is covered in these first verses of Proverbs. And I would like to separate what King Solomon is telling us what to do and learn from the proverbs he has given us. That were, given to him by our Lord and Saviour. I do believe every Child of God should make these verses their very own, not only to read them, but to put them into practice everyday of their Christian life.
- To KNOW wisdom and instruction.
- To PERCEIVE the words of understanding.
- To RECEIVE the instruction of Wisdom. To receive the instruction of Justice. To receive the instruction of Judgment. To receive the instruction of Equity.
- To GIVE subtilty to the Simple.
- To GIVE to the young man Knowledge and Discretion (Understanding in the usage of this knowledge)
- When GIVEN to a wise man: A wise man will Hear, and Increase Learning.
- When GIVEN to a man of understanding: A man of understanding shall attain unto Wise Counsels.
- The NEED to understand a Proverb, and the Interpretation (meaning).
- The NEED to understand and interpret the Words of the Wise.
- The NEED to understand and interpret their Dark Sayings.
- The FEAR of the Lord is the beginning of Knowledge.
- But fools DESPISE Wisdom and Instruction.
- A son (or daughter) is to HEAR the instruction of his (their) father.
- A son (or daughter) is not to FORSAKE the Law (advice) of your (their) mother.
- When a son or daughter HEAR the Instruction of their father and not FORSAKE the Law (advice) of their mother, they will find that what father and mother have given them, shall be a Ornament of Grace upon their heads, and Chains (necklace or ornament worn around the neck) about their neck.
Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets: She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying, How long, ye simple ones, will you love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate Knowledge? Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will make known MY WORDS unto you. Proverbs 1:20 Ė23
My son, if thou wilt receive MY WORDS, and hide MY commandments with thee, So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures, then shalt thou understand the FEAR of the Lord, and FIND the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of HIS MOUTH cometh knowledge and understanding. HE layeth up SOUND WISDOM for the righteous, HE is a buckler to them that walk up- rightly. HE keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of HIS Saints. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity, yea every good path. When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee, - - - Proverbs 2:1 Ė 11
Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth, by understanding hath HE established the heavens. By HIS knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down dew. My son, let not them depart from thine eyes. Keep SOUND WISDOM and discretion. So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace to thy neck. Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:19 Ė 24
Get wisdom, get understanding; forget it not, neither decline from the WORDS OF MY MOUTH. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all the getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee honour, when thou dost embrace her. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee. Hear, O my son, and receive MY SAYINGS; and the years of life shall be many. I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in the right paths. When thou goest, thy steps shall not be straitened, and when thou runniest, thou shalt not stumble. Take fast hold of instruction: let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life. Proverbs 4:5 Ė13
My son, attend unto MY wisdom, and bow thine ear to MY understanding: That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.
Proverbs 5:1 & 2
And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed. And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof; And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me!
Proverbs 5:11 Ė 13
Say, unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman; - - - - Proverbs 7:4
Doth not wisdom cry? And understanding put forth her voice? Proverbs 8:1
O ye simple, understand wisdom: and ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Hear, for I will speak of excellent things, and the opening of MY lips shall be right things. For MY mouth shall speak TRUTH, and wickedness is an abomination to MY lips. ALL the WORDS of MY mouth in righteousness, there is nothing forward or pervise in them. They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge. Receive MY instruction, and not silver, and knowledge rather than choice gold. For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it. I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the forward mouth do I HATE. Counsel is mine, and SOUND WISDOM: I am understanding; I have strength. By ME kings reign, and princes decree justice. By ME princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth. I love them that love ME, and those that seek ME early shall find ME. Riches and honour are with ME; yea, durable riches and righteousness. MY fruit is better than gold, yea than fine gold; and MY revenue than choice silver. I lead in the way of righteousness. In the midst of the paths of judgment: That I may cause those that love ME to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasure.
The Lord possessed ME in the beginning of HIS way, before HIS works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there, was no depths; I was brought forth, when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills were brought forth: While as yet HE had not made the earth: nor the fields: nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When HE prepared the heavens, I was there. When HE set a compass upon the face of the depth: When HE established the clouds above: When HE strengthened the fountains of the deep: When HE gave to the sea HIS decree, that the waters should not pass HIS commandment: When HE appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by HIM, as one brought up with HIM: And I was HIS daily delight, rejoicing always before HIM: Rejoicing in the habitable part of HIS earth, and MY delights were the sons of men.
Now therefore hearken unto ME, O ye children: For blessed are they that keep MY ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Blessed is the man that heareth ME, watching daily at MY gates, waiting at the posts of MY doors. For whoso findeth ME findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord. But he that sinneth against ME wrongeth his own soul: all that hate ME love death. Proverbs 8:5 Ė 36
Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out seven pillars: She hath killed her beast (1), she hath mingled her wine (2), she hath furnished her table (3). She hath sent forth her maidens (4), she crieth upon the highest places of the city. Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither (5): As for him that wanted understanding; she saith to him, come eat (6) of my bread, and drink (7) of the wine, which I have mingled. Forsake the foolish, and live, and go in the way of understanding. Proverbs 9:1 Ė 6
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will get wiser; teach a just man, and he will increase in learning. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and knowledge of the HOLY is understanding. Proverbs 9:9 & 10
Comparison is now made between those that will follow after wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and instruction, from those that will not.
In the lips of him that hath understanding, wisdom is found: But the rod is for the back of him that is void of understanding. Proverbs 10:3
It is a sport to a fool to do mischief: But a man of understanding hath wisdom.
The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: But the forward tongue shall be cut out. Proverbs 10:31
When pride cometh, then cometh shame: But with the lowly is wisdom.
He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: But a man of understanding holdeth his peace. Proverbs 11:2
Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: But he that hateth reproof is brutish.
A man shall be commended according to his Wisdom: But he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised. Proverbs 12:8
A wise son heareth his fatherís instruction: But a scorner heareth not rebuke. Proverbs 13:1
Only by pride cometh contention: But with the well advised is wisdom.
Good understanding giveth favour: But the way of the transgressors is hard. Proverbs 13:15
Every prudent man dealeth with knowledge: But a fool layeth open his folly. Proverbs 13:16
Proverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction: But he that regardeth reproof shall be honoured. Proverbs 13:18
A scorner seeketh wisdom, and findeth it not: But knowledge is easy unto him that understandeth. Proverbs 14:6
The wisdom of the prudent is to understand his ways: But the folly of fools is deceit. Proverbs 14:8
The simple inherit folly: But the prudent are covered with knowledge.
He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: But he that is hasty of spirit (mans own spirit) exalteth folly. Proverbs 14:29
Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: But that which is in the midst of fools is made known. Proverbs 14:33
The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: But the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness. Proverbs 15:2
The lips of the wise disperse knowledge: But the heart of the foolish doeth not so.
The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: But the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness. Proverbs 15:14
Folly is joy to him that is destitute of wisdom: But a man of understanding walketh uprightly. Proverbs 15:21
He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: But he that heareth reproof getteth understanding. Proverbs 15:32
The fear of the Lord is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver! Proverbs 16:16
Understanding is a wellspring of life unto him that hath it: But the instruction of fools is folly. Proverbs 16:22
Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart for it? Proverbs 17:16
A man void pf understanding striketh hands, and becometh surety in the presence of his friends. Proverbs 17:18
Wisdom is before him that hath understanding: But the eyes; of a fool are in the ends of the earth. Proverbs 17:24
Through desire (own) a man, having separated himself, seeketh (isolates) and intermeddleth (rages) with all wisdom. Proverbs 18:1
A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
The words of a manís mouth are as deep waters, and the wellspring of wisdom as a flowing brook. Proverbs 18:4
The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge. Proverbs 18:15
Also that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good, and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth. Proverbs 19:2
Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in the end. There are many devices in a manís heart, nevertheless the counsel of the Lord: that shall stand.
Proverbs 19: 20 & 21
Smite a scorner, and the simple will beware: and reprove one that hath understanding, and he will understand knowledge. Proverbs 19:25
Cease my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge. Proverbs 19:27
Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water: But a man of understanding will draw it out. Proverbs 20:5
When the scorner is punished, the simple is made wise: And when the wise is instructed, he receiveth knowledge. Proverbs 21:11
The man that wandereth out of the way of understanding shall remain in the congregation of the dead. Proverbs 21:16
There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the Lord.
Labour not to be rich: Cease from thine own wisdom. Proverbs 23:4
Apply thine heart unto instruction and thine ears to the WORD of knowledge.
Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.
Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding is it established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches. A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength. Proverbs 24:3 Ė 5
So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: When thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off. Proverbs 24:14
I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding: And, low, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down. Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction. Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep; So: Shall thy poverty come as one that traveileth, and thy want as an armed man.
Proverbs 24:30 - 34
Evil men understand not judgment: But they that seek the Lord understand all things. Proverbs 28:5
The rich is wise; in his own conceit, but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out. Proverbs 28:11
The prince that wanted understanding is also a great oppressor: But he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days. Proverbs 28:16
Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father: But he that keepeth company with harlets spendeth his substance. Proverbs 29:3
The rod and reproof give wisdom: But a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame. Proverbs 29:15
A servant will not be corrected by mere words: For though he understands, he will not answer. Proverbs 29:19
Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man. I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the HOLY. Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? Who hath gathered the winds in His fists? Who hath bound the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the earth? What is HIS name, and what is HIS Sonís name, if thou canst tell? Every Word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him. Add thou not unto His Words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a lair. Proverbs 30:2 Ė 6
ALL FROM THE BOOK OF PROVERBS
Brother Jim. This is why all Christians are told to: Study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman (one that is on the job for his Lord) that needed not to be ashamed, rightly DIVIDING (because God is instructing each Child of God to do this, not on their own, but with the help of the Holy Spirit) the Word of Truth). 2 Tim. 2:15
Knowing this first; that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old times by the Will of Man: But holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:20 & 21
This is why all Christians are told to: Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established. Proverbs 4:26
All Christians are to keep this ever before them, and understanding that: But the path of the just is as a shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day. Proverbs 4:18
All Christians are to know and to understand: For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and He pondereth all his (mans) goings. Proverbs 5:21
All Children of God are to walk worthy of the vocation (the assignment He gives to each of His Children) wherewith they are called. With all lowliness and meekness, with long-suffering forbearing (working with each Child of God, not giving up on them) one another in love; endeavoring (always keeping on, never stopping) to keep the unity (this oneness we all have in Christ) of the Spirit (Holy Spirit) in the bond (all Christians are bonded together) of peace. Eph. 4:1 Ė 3 (behold how good and pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in the unity of the Holy Spirit in the bond of peace)
All Children of God are to remember this: That the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and spirit (manís), and of the joints and narrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight, but all things are naked and open unto the eyes of HIM with whom we have to give account. Heb. 4:12 & 13
Every Child of God should remember always to do this: Your Word have I hid in my heart; that I might not sin against THEE (your Saviour and Lord). Psa. 119:11
Donít let this happen to you: And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed. And say: How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof. And have not obeyed the voice of my teachers, nor inclined mine ear to them that instructed me! Proverbs 5: 12 & 13
- Do you believe that Brother Maurice was over Brother Ed in the Lord?
- Do you believe that Brother Maurice was over Brother Wilbur in the Lord?
- Do you believe that Brother Maurice was over Brother James Cox in the Lord?
- Do you believe that Brother Maurice was over Brother Richard Bailey in the Lord?
- Do you believe that Brother Maurice was over Brother Bob Thompson in the Lord?
- Or do you believe that any one of these Brethren were over any of the others?
- I do know that Peter was an Apostle to the Jews and that Paul was an Apostle to the Gentiles, I know of no person that Our Lord has put over HIS MINISTERS in the Church; which is Christ Body.
I know that Brother Maurice did study with each of these brethren, but I donít know of him ever being over any of them in the things of the Lord. Each one of these brethren had a unique ministry of their own in the Lord. There were some things that they believed that were different from the other. But in no way did they allow any of what they believed to cause them to separate from each other. You think on this if you will. Each one; had their own way of giving the Word of God. On some subjects they gave the same thing, but when you heard each one of them separately, you knew that they were giving was what Our Lord had put in their Hearts. They were living their sermons before you and you were living it right with them, you were caught up with them. They were truly Ministers of Our Lord.
Brother Maurice would start with a subject and before you knew it, he was off on another subject. He could easily cover three or four subjects in one sermon; you had to stay with him. He could cover any part of the Bible to your understanding, and never would you hear him say what he was giving was his own. I heard him in parks taking on hecklers with the ability to keep the situation under control, even though the heckler was right in his face. I have seen at a time when someone in the crowd would run right up to him, stopping right in front of him, so under conviction, with his fists closed ready to hit him in the face. And he would tell us young fellows to back off if the Lord wanted him to take a beating he would suffer it. I could go on telling you many things about him that would make him endearing to you.
Brother Wilbur liked to cover subjects on the Jewish People he had such love for them. I remember one sermon he was giving to us at a meeting at Ceramic Decorating, about how he was on a street corner in the Jewish section in L.A. Talking to a Jewish fellow about the Lord Jesus Christ and this fellow was so upset with Brother Wilbur, that he could not hear his burglar alarm going off in his store. And another; store owner was hollering to the store owner, "Your Bells are ringing, Your Bells are ringing." Brother could take you on a tour through the Bible and bring out most vividly from the old scriptures and the new scriptures about the Jewish People. There were times when you could see from his face, he was so sick, and yet he would go on ministering for His Lord. There were many times when I thought we would loose him, but our Lord keep him going for us. When ever, he had something to say, we were hushed to hear him, because his voice would start out so soft and then gradually get louder. I know I would hang on to every word he had to say.
Brother Ed. Stevens, to me had a very scientific mind for the scriptures. He could come up with outside facts in history to prove that the Bible Recordings were true. There were times when sitting in Sunday Meetings at Riverside, with the room being so hot that sweat would role down my back, and I would try to forget the heat, because I wanted to hear what Brother Ed. was giving from the Bible. I never went away empty from his sermons. I always left Riverside feeling that I had hear from the Lord, with the blessing of our Lord to go on living my Christian life. Though I knew only a very few Christians in Riverside, I still felt at home with all of them. And I do believe this had to be because of Brother Ed. and his own family. The whole Stevenís family; made you feel like you were family. I felt that Brother Ed. was a father to me that I never had.
Brother James Cox. Sue and I were back in Maryland when we met James, Burnadette and his three children. James and Burnadette were out of the Baptist denomination a short time when we met. He was so thrilled; with the new found truth that our Lord had brought him into, and it showed in his very being. He was like a new; born baby in Christ, he wanted to share what he had learned with all believers in Virginia. I will have to tell you about this: Sue and I were at the Naval Air Test Station in Maryland and James had asked Sue and I if we would meet him at a Sister Maryís Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting. I told him we would be there. Sue and I got there before James and his older son. So Sue and I found two empty chairs and waited for James.
I need to back track here in order to tell you how all this came about. Henry Jones delivered a load of lumber to a Lumber Company in Heathsville Virginia. He went up town after lunch and passed out Bible Tracts. One; of the tracts was mailed back to James requesting him to come to Heathsville by a L. J. Balderson. L.J. at the time was studying about baptism and he had some questions that he could not find answers too. He had been listening to a J Vernen McGee Broadcast over the radio from the Church of the Open Door. And the tract that L. J. received from Henry Jones was "The Baptism We Need." Which was helping him to understand about Holy Spirit baptism.
When Sue and I sat down, we sat next to L. J, and Rosalee his wife, who I did not know at the time. Sister Mary got a manís hat from somewhere and the hat was passed around the room till it came to me. I did not know what James thought about receiving this money, so I just looked at him. He shook his head no and I passed the hat on to L. J. He whispered something to Rosalee and she passed it on, not putting anything in the hat. When the hat came to James, he stood up and said: "That he thanked the folks for their thoughtfulness, but that he could not accept their money, because they did not know what he believed and it just was not right for him to take their money. And he sent the hat back around and everyone took back their money. Just the little things meant so much to me. I can tell you a lot more about James and Burnadette of their love for our Lord and all of Godís Family. Their love for both the saved and the unsaved were with genuine Godly Love. But I do need to move on. I will tell you I did not want to leave any of the Christians in Virginia. Sue and I had close fellowship with all of them. If our Lord had allowed, I would have moved back there.
Brother Richard Bailey, I didnít know Richard, we only met at one Sunday morning meeting. At that time he was defending his ministry and making a stand for himself. At the time I thought this was strange, because as I was now a father to a newborn baby girl (just a few months old) so was Richard a Minister of our Lord. And if what he was defending himself for, was true; I knew the Truth Would Set Him Free. I could feel the tension in the assembly and the Saints there were not very happy. No one talked much with each other after the meeting, and everyone just seemed to drift away. It was the saddest Christian meeting I had ever attended. The problem the Richard was having, was with BIBLE TRANSLATIONS. I knew Brother Richard was called of the Lord to feed his sheep. And I would not and will not speak against one that is called of the Lord to feed His Flock. That I will leave up to the Lord. HOWEVER I will do all I can to help those that are called of the Lord to minister, that is, if they will allow me. And that does mean you too BROTHER JIM.
Brother Bob Thompson. I found Bob to be very energetic for the Lord, and always reaching out, to go out of his way to help anyone in the things of our Lord, or anyone that was in trouble. His personality was one that could and would draw you to him and move you forward: To serve the Lord. Did he have love for the saved and unsaved, you may ask? And I will tell you - - -Yes he did! When I was in Texas visiting at his home on my way back to California, he had me going with him to meet people that he thought I could be of help too. You ask: "What was his ministry for our Lord?" I will tell you! Reaching Out to anyone and everyone who would listen, not holding back the Word of Truth. I did not want to leave him in Texas. I wanted to stay with him and work with him for our Lord. I knew I could not do this with my new family. I had my responsibility to them now, more than ever. But I did wish to stay! My time with Bob was a real blessing and a great help to me.
What I am going to tell you next, please bare with me, because I am laying myself open. That Sunday morning at meeting Bob called on me to read to the assembly a text from the Bible. I took one look at the text with all the words that I knew I could not pronounce and I froze. I asked my wife Sue to read the text for me, which she did. After the meeting Bob asked me why I did this? I told him: One night before bed, Sue asked me to read from the Bible to her. I did my best to try to get out of this. And I told her I could not do it. Why not, she asked? I do not want to make a fool of myself in front of you. I am not able to read the Bible out loud and some of the words I cannot pronounce. She assured me she would not make fun of me and that she would help with the words I could not pronounce. And this is what was going on with Sue and I. I was still in the process of learning, when Bob called on me to read.
Brother Jim, do you have someone other than the Lord Jesus Christ over you? Telling you what you can say or not say? Someone, that, you have to answer to, other than the Lord?
Brother Jim, in my last letter to you I gave you in writing a letter from James Cox. In this I will give you another letter I had received back in 1986. I believe I was at the Cape in Florida, when the letter came to my home in California. It was addressed to Mr. Eddie Billmeyer and not brother Eddie Billmeyer, this would tell me, the writer was not quite sure of me, on were I stood in the things that would be given in the letter. And maybe too, how I would receive the letter. I had never read this letter until just the other day; my wife was going through some of her old mail and found it. She had put a large question mark on the envelope, must have been back in 1986. Two years before my heart attack.
When I read the letter, I was very surprise. Of what was in this letter, about things I knew nothing about, and also of many subjects that I had already written to you about.
Brother Jim, I ask you to read this letter with an open mind and an open heart. What this brother (and I do believe this is a brother in Christ) is giving is heart rendering and is the tearing apart of all we have believed for years
Brother Jim, give yourself this test and answer each one of these items 1 through item 19 with either a YES or NO. Then tell me in writing which ones are YES and which ones are NO. YOU MUST USE THE BIBLE WHEN YOU GIVE YOUR ANSWERS!
Brother Jim, I gave myself the test and this was the results: (1) No, (2) No, (3) No, (4)? (5) No, (6) No, (7) No, (8) No, (9)? (10) No, (11) No, (12) No, (13) No, (14) No, (15) No, (16)? (17) No, (18) No, (19) No.
I have added to this letter, where the writer gives a verse for reference, I have written the verse out. The only reason that I have done this is because one day when I was giving a study, I gave a lot of scripture references and asked Christians to read them in their spare time? An older Christian brother came up to me after the meeting and asked: "Do you really believe that they will look up those scripture verses you gave and read them?" I thought on his question for a while and I could not answer him. "I donít know if they will." I could never forget this question he gave me, and every time I want to give just the reference, this thought comes into my mind. In my heart and mind, I will always thank this older brother for stopping me with his question.
Here is the Letter:
Is this group approved of God?
Is it a man made organization?
PROVE ALL THINGS MAKE DILIGENT INQUISTION
1 Thess. 5:21 Duet, 19:18
Prove all things; hold and the judges shall make diligent inquisition:
Fast that which is good. And, behold if the witness be a false witness,
And hath testified falsely against his brother;
The Bible says obey them that have the rule over you.
- Are we to obey this group that calls themselves "THE LEADERSHIP?"
- We have been told we must obey "THE LEADERSHIP" and be in subjection to them as the wife is to be in subjection to her husband. Do you believe this? See Eph. 5:22 Ė 2.6.
- (Eph. 5:22 Ė26. Wives submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: And he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything. Husbands love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for IT (His church). That HE might santify and cleanse IT (His church) with the washing of water by the WORD. That He might present IT (His church) to Himself a glorious church; not having spot or wrinkle, or any such thing, but that IT (His church) should be holy without blemish.)
(Brother Jim. Christ is the HEAD of only His church (His body of believers). Man is the HEAD of all other churches. And as you know, His church will not stop at the grave, but all His members will be with Him in Heaven, not one will be left out. Just as His members are fitly joined together here on earth, so shall they be in Heaven. Not so with Man made churches, they will end at the grave and go back to the dust of the earth, from where they came. Our Lord made us from the dust of the earth and as you know our bodies shall return to the dust. And when our Lord calls us home, we will have beautiful New Bodies, like His.)
3. Do the men that call themselves "THE LEADERSHIP" meet Godís requirements for a bishop or deacon in His church? 1 Tim, 3 & Titus 1:6 & 7
- (1 Tim. 3:1 Ė 13. This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good hospitality, apt to teach: Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre, but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity, (for if a man know not how to rule his own house, how can he take care of the church of God?) Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride, he fall into the condemnation of the devil. Moreover he MUST have a good report of them, which are without, lest he fall into reproach and a snare of the devil.)
- (Likewise must the deacons be grave, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filty lucre: Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. And let these first be proven, then, let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. Let the deacons be the husband of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.)
- (Titus 1:6 & 7. For this cause left I thee at Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are waiting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry, not given to filthy lucre, but a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by SOUND DOCTRINE both exhort and to convince the gainsayers.)
4. Godís word says we should give those who labor in the word and doctrine double honer. 1 Tim. 5:17. Does John Moreyís life commend him so we can give him double honer?
- (1 Tim. 5:17. Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially they who labour in the WORD and DOCTRINE.)
- A few years back it became evident that John Morey had problems with some of his children and his life. "THE LEADERSHIP" decided to call for a vote to see if John Morey should continue to feed Godís sheep. Can you find anything in the Word of God that tells us to vote for our pastor in His church?
- Does God expect us to follow teachers and pastors who have been voted into office by men?
- Recently "THE LEADERSHIP" has marked to be avoided many dear Christians. Does God want us to go along with "THE LEADERSHIP" and mark someone whom we have no reason to believe we should avoid?
8, "THE LEADERSHIP" has told us we must agree with their decisions and their doctrines and we must stand with their markings or we will be marked also. Do you know of anything in the Word of God that teaches this kind of action?
9. We have been told for the sake of unity we should go along with the decisions of "THE LEADERSHIP". Should we do this when we know that John, Jack, or Robert have lied about the individual who is about to be marked?
10. Recently "THE LEADERSHIP" had a meeting in Atascadero at which time a letter was signed by "THE LEADERSHIP" marking Bill & Ron Blain. The only men welcome at this meeting were "THE LEADERSHIP" or some they invited. So many Christian men were not invited to this meeting. Is God using this type of sectarian meeting to decide who His Children can have fellowship with?
(Brother Jim. Do you have a copy of this letter that was signed by some brethen in the Atascadero area? If you do, will you please send me a copy? I do believe very strongly that all Believers are free to meet with other Believers ANYWHERE and have fellowship with them. This is the liberty we have in Christ, given to all Christians everywhere. That is why we can have real fellowship with a new Christian we meet for the first time. We did not make this bond, our Lord did!)
- If we know the men in "LEADERSHIP" have unconfessed sin in their lives, does God want us to stand with them when they decide to mark an individual in the church?
- "THE LEADERSHIP" has taught for years that those who lead must have children that follow them. We now have men who are called "LEADERSHIP" and try to rule over Godís people but their sons do not follow them. Do you want to be taught by men who have taught things but do not walk in them?
- Do we have to agree with "THE LEADERSHIP" when they mark someone to be avoided and they know that he is mentally ill? See 1 Thess. 5:14. Comfort those that are frightened.
- (1 Thess. 5:14. Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.)
14. Does God approve when men in "LEADERSHIP" rebuke an older man? 1 Tim. 5:1
- (1 Tim 5:1 & 2. Rebuke not an elder, but intreat him as a father, and the younger men as brethren; the older women as mothers, the younger as sisters, with all purity.)
15. Does God approve of men who lie? Pro. 6:16 Ė 19.
- (Prov.6:16 Ė 19. These six things doeth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him. A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, an heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, a false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.)
16. Is this organization gathering Godís sheep and feeding them or scattering? Ezk. 34:1 Ė 5.
- (Ezekiel 34:1 Ė 5. And the word of the Lord came unto me, saying; Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them. Thus sayith the Lord God unto the shepherds, Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves: Should not the shepherds feed the flocks? Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with wool, ye kill them that are fed: But ye feed not the flock. The deseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost, but by force and cruelty have ye rule them. And they were scattered, because there was no shepherd; and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.)
- Do these leaders have the authority to give a report in meeting about some one who has failed in his life even though they do not have two witnesses to testify to the truth? 2 Cor. 13:1.
- (2 Cor. 13:1. This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.)?
- Does "THE LEADERSHIP" have the authority to decide who can speak, how long they can speak or what they can talk about at meetings that are held in the name of the LORD JESUS CHRIST?
- If someone fails to obey in these areas, does "THE LEADERSHIP" have the authority to have him ushered out and arrested by the police?
The most important question we need to face at this time is - - - - does God approve of this "LEADERSHIP" organization?
God says he that is spiritual judgeth all things 1 Cor 2:14 Ė16
- (Cor. 2:14 Ė 16. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritual discerned. But the spiritual judgeth all things, yet he is judge of no man. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.)
In Feb, 1986, many Christian men came together to make an effort to help those who call themselves "THE LEADERSHIP", B. Grove, J. Morey, J. Langford, G. Grant, W. Zelder and many others. After full two days of meetings it was evident that these men were not humbly endeavoring to build the church, which is Christ Body. But rather they are building a man made organization called "THE LEADERSHIP". When things were brought to their attention regarding failures in dealing within their brethren, they have lots of explanations and very few confessions. They have lied about those who have tried to help them. If you make diligent inquisition you will find that many of the things they have said about the people they have marked are not true.
If you investigate you will find the lead man in this organization is Bob Grove and not Jesus Christ. We have been told we must agree with Bob Grove even if he is wrong, because he is the leader. The real test is - - - - will you agree with Bob Grove and his leadership group or stand true to Jesus Christ and do what we are told in Heb, 13:13. "Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp bearing His reproach."
Godís Word is very clear as to what God requires of men who He called to minister. See 1 & 2 Tim. And Titus. These men call themselves "THE LEADERSHIP" do not meet Godís requirements as bishops and deacons in the church which is Christís Body. They have been instructors, but do not show a fatherís heart. See 1 Cor. 4:15. Some of our brethren have been overtaken in a fault. Instead of trying to restore them, they have decided to mark and avoid them. Gal. 6:1
- (1 Cor. 4:15. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus I have begotten (Inherited) you though the gospel.)
- (Gal. 6:1. Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness, considering yourself, lest thou also be tempted.)
- (Those that are spiritual here, are they that have their renewed (By studying the Word of God) daily by the Holy Spirit, and with their own spirit are able to help this brother that has been overtaken in a fault. They have to approach this brother with meekness, because they could also be overtaken with his fault.)
Romans 16:18 describe the "LEADERSHIP" of this group. "For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ but their own belly and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. They teach many things from the Word of God, but they have failed to walk in them. Godís Word has many things to say about this "LEADERSHIP" group. Acts 20:29 Ė 30. "Of your own-selves shall men arise speaking perverse things to draw disciples after themselves." In menís meetings they have falsely accused some, but they are unable to establish things in the mouth of two or three witnesses because they have lied. The saddest thing of all about this "LEADERSHIP" group is the lack of love for Godís people. See 1 Cor. 13:1 Ė 5. "Though I speak with tongues of men and angels and have not charity. I am become as sounding brass, or tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and have not charity - - - - it profiteth me nothing - - - - Love thinketh no evil - - .
May God help these men to love His people instead of scattering the sheep as the shepherds in Israel. Ezek. 34:1 Ė 5.
Some of Godís people are faced with a very serious question at this time. Our decisions are going to have very serious effect on our families, friends, and relatives. May the Lord help us to study His Word and allow the Holy Spirit to lead. See 1 John 2:27. When Joshua was faced with a serious question he said: "Choose you this day whom you will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord." Josh. 24:15
- (1 John 2:27. But the anointing (Holy Spirit), which ye have received of Him, abideth in you, and ye need not that a man teach you. But as the same anointing (Holy Spirit) teacheth you all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abode in Him.)
- (Joshua 24:15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.)
Consider this last question - - - - are you going to let Bob Grove and "THE LEADERSHIP" lead you and your family down the wrong road? 2 Thess. 3:6, 2 Cor. 6:17, Eph. 5:11.
- (2 Thess, 3:6. Now we command you, brethren in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received from us.)
- (Brother Jim, I have covered this verse in other letters to you, but I will say again what is important in this verse is the walk (more than one day) of this brother and that his WALK (more than one day) is not after the DOCTRINE, or TEACHING, or TRADITION, which are taught to us by the apostle Paul. Do we as Christians follow after the writings of Paul who follows after out Lord Jesus Christ, or do we follow after men and the intents of their hearts?)
- (2 Cor. 6:17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate sayeth the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive you, and will be a father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty,)
- (Brother Jim, Mordecai was a leader of the Jews before and after they went into captivity. He was awake to what was going to happen to his people, what was happening to his people, and what could be the final destruction of his people that our Lord put in his care. His concern was totally for his people and not for his own life. He was not afraid of the authority that was over him. He knew what he had to do and in simple slang English: "HE Done IT" What about you? Are you one that our Lord has put over His Children? Are you awake to what is going on around you? Are you willing to stand up by yourself for ALL your Brethren, that our Lord has put in your care? Or for only those that are safe in your care?)
- (Eph. 5:11, and have no fellowship with the unfruitful WORKS of darkness, but rather reprove them.)
- (Brother Jim, these people that WALK (this is their manor of life) in darkness are unsaved. And they do not come to the light to have the things that they done or doing reproved by the light. (I do believe the light here is Jesus Christ or the Word of God.) They are asleep (DEAD) in sin and need to arise from the dead and they need to be saved by our Lord Jesus Christ. Can a Christian Minister be out of the will of our Lord and WALK after his own devises? Causing destruction and misery in the life of HIS SAINTS? Brother Jim, you know he can!)
- Brother Jim, we Christians are told to WALK (more than one day at a time) CIRCUMSPECTLY, not as FOOLS, but as WISE, REDEEMING the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not UNWISE, but UNDERSTANDING what the WILL OF THE LORD. Eph. 5:15 Ė 17)
(Brother Jim, what do you know about this letter and its contents? As you can see my reaction to this letter, 17 out of 19 items I marked NO. Three I am in question on. I have answered these questions on what the Bible teaches and not on what man teaches.)
(I have some questions I would like to ask you Brother Jim, do you in leadership call this Christian assembly "LEADERSHIP"? Do those in leadership call themselves "THE LEADERSHIP"? Do those in leadership consider themselves on the same level as a husband? Can you tell me how those in leadership that call themselves "THE LEADERSHIP" qualify as bishops and deacons? I cannot answer the question on John Moreyís life, can you? You will have to tell me where in the scriptures; I can VOTE a pastor into office, will you help me? If you are honest with me, I do believe you can see where I am going on each of these questions. As one who is called of our Lord to minister to His Children, I ask of you to please answer each of these nineteen questions.)
- END OF LETTER - - I DO NOT KNOW WHO WROTE THIS LETTER THERE WAS NO SIGNATURE, BUT I DO THANK THIS PERSON FOR THIS LETTER!
I want the proved certainties For when I come at eventide
To soothe the soulís deep cries, To Jordanís swollen streams,
And not manís vain philosophies I want the tested verities,
Based only on surmise. And not some mystic dream.
I want a book that is inspired This mortal life is far too brief,
In which to posit faith, Eternity too vast,
And not some mutilated scroll, To follow human sophistries
Or literary wraith. And lose the soul at last.
I want the clam assurance of Then give me back the Holy Book
A voice beyond this dust By inspiration penned;
A voice from out eternity IíM through with fabled falsities,
In which to place my trust. And allegoric trend.
By M. D. Clayburm
If an angel should fly from heaven and inform the saint personally of the Saviorís love, the evidence would not be one wit more satisfactory than that which is borne in the heart by the Holy Spirit.
Your Brother in the Lord Jesus Christ
Return to Navigation